Lifesize LEGO Batmobile
Chevrolet, along with students from Detroit’s Cody Rouge community, A World in Motion and FIRST LEGO® League, unveiled its life-size LEGO® Batmobile today at the North American International Auto Show. Leslie Campos a 5th grade student and a member of the Mercy Education Project’s FIRST LEGO League team, participated at the event along with Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing.
Measuring 17-feet long and featuring exclusive stud shooters, the LEGO® Batmobile from Chevrolet was designed to strike fear in the heart of any villain. The vehicle was inspired by Batman’s Speedwagon featured in “The LEGO® Batman Movie,” which hits U.S. theaters on Feb. 10.
In this exciting new animated LEGO® adventure, Batman, DC’s iconic Super Hero who famously prefers to work alone, must learn to cooperate and connect with others to save Gotham City from The Joker.
“To work on the LEGO® Batmobile with Warner Bros. is an absolute thrill for us at Chevy,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “Many of the themes in ‘The LEGO®Batman Movie,’ like imagination, family and community, align perfectly with our Chevy brand values and add to the value of the partnership.”
The LEGO® Batmobile from Chevrolet will also appear in the next variation of Chevrolet’s “Real People, Not Actors” campaign. In the new spot, real LEGO® Minifigure™ figurines discuss what kind of person would drive the all-new LEGO® Batmobile.
To learn more about all the exciting options available on the LEGO® Batmobile, please visit Chevrolet.com.
LEGO® Batmobile Fast Facts:
· It’s 83 inches (6.92 feet) high, 204 inches (17 feet) long and 111 inches (9.25 feet) wide.
· Total weight is 1,695.5 pounds. Each tire is just over 100 pounds.
· The interior frame is made from more than 86 feet of square tube aluminum and weighs 282.5 pounds.
· Total number of LEGO® bricks used to build the
· Total number of LEGO® colors used: 17
· The LEGO® Batmobile took 222 hours to design and 1,833 hours to build.
· The LEGO® Batmobile was designed and assembled in the LEGO® Model Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, by LEGO® Master Builders.