The Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Announces Winners for Its Annual Black Tie Estrella Awards Fundraising Event
The Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce hosts the Estrella Awards annually to continue assisting the Hispanic business community and to recognize the outstanding contributions in the fields of business, community, and education. Representatives and community leaders from Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego counties attend this event and support the Chamber’s overall goals of advancing the Hispanic community.
The 2013 winners, to be recognized on April 13th at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim, include;
- Corporate Responsibility: Wells Fargo
- Education: High School Inc. OCHCC
- Business Member of the Year: Diverse Staffing Solutions
- Community Based Organization: Girls Incorporated of Orange County
- Orange County Volunteer of the Year: Viola Myre
- Small Business of the Year: Hispanic Lifestyle
- Ambassador of the Year: Mitch Seigel
- Community Service: Consumer Credit Counseling of Orange County
- Education Foundation Partner of the Year: American Honda Motor Company Incorporated
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Gaddi Vasquez
About the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Estrella Awards – The HCOC represents the interests of and provides access to Orange County’s 30,000 Hispanic-owned businesses. The Chamber supports the development of these businesses by providing opportunities for networking, legislative advocacy, access to capital, and education and training programs. The 20thth annual black tie Estrella Awards is slated from 6pm to midnight, on Saturday, April 13th, 2013, at the Disneyland Hotel Grand Ballroom in Anaheim, with Wells Fargo acting as the dinner host sponsor.
Past Estrella award recipients include actors Edward James Olmos, Ricardo Montalban and Tony Plana, media professionals Monica Lozano of La Opinion and Alex Nogales of the National Hispanic Media Coalition, Olympic swimming star Dara Torres, Hispanic community notables Henry Mendoza, of Mendoza, Berger and Company, Adalberto Quijada, Santa Ana District Director of the SBA, and Al Mijares, VP of the Western Region of the College Board, and non profits Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County and the Santa Ana Saint Joseph Ballet, now the Wooden Floor.
If you’d like more information about the Chamber, or sponsorship and program advertising information for the Estrella Awards, please call 714-953-4289 or email to email@example.com