Hispanic Lifestyle is pleased to support this effort creating opportunities for Small and Minority Businesses. We encourage you to share this event with your business colleagues.
Raul Medrano, of R.J. Medrano & Associates, and Freddy Salazar, of iNTAGLiO Services, Inc., have been contracted to produce and manage the Supplier Diversity Business Matchmaking Forum 2010 (SDBMF) for the Disneyland Resort. The event is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, September 21, 2010.
The Disneyland Resort’s Business Segments would like to extend an invitation to you and a very select group of your membership to be considered to participate in this year’s event. In order to ensure a successful experience for all MWBE Suppliers and Sub-contractors, the Disney Sourcing & Procurement Team has developed pre-screening criteria as means of qualifying potential participants and upon which the final group of participants will be determined and invited.
Given this consideration and due to limited space, we are asking that you invite ONLY your top 5 suppliers/sub-contractors to submit their profiles for consideration. All Suppliers and Sub-contractors will be evaluated based on the following criteria and information which must be submitted for pre-screening:
Criteria – Suppliers and Sub-Contractors
- Provide a brief synopsis of the type of work performed or products provided.
- Have the ability to provide performance and payment bonds for awarded projects. (Contractors only)
- Have previous experience working for a major General Contractor.
- Certified Minority and/or Woman Owned Business
Criteria – Sub-contractors ONLY
- Have General Liability Insurance coverage of $2,000,000 per occurrence.
- Union status – Invitation preference where applicable will be given to union sub-contractors for the primary building trades such as demolition, site grading, concrete, metal fabrication, carpentry, drywall, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, plaster, tile, roofers, fire protection installation, engineering, asphalt, landscaping, etc. Other specialty areas, such as themed fabrication where unions are not typical, can have non-union suppliers.
- Potential construction material suppliers need not be union.
To assist you with identifying your top 5 members, the Disneyland Resort is interested in companies that provide the following products and services:
Battery Requirement – Off Road & Automotive
Direct Mail Fulfillment
Event Management/Promotions Services
Kitchen Equipment Parts
Mail Room Services
Media Destruction Services
Merchandise Bags (Global)
Name Tags Manufacturer
Plastic Card Manufacturer (room keys, gift cards, etc.)
Print on Demand/Custom
Receipt Tape (NCR)
Repair Houses (small motors & gears)
Recycle Bins Manufacturer
Steel & Metals – Raw Materials
Disney’s objective is to identify a finite group of suppliers and sub-contractors that embody a broad representation of various commodities and trades (see the list above), rather than inviting a number of sub-contractors from a single service area. Please take this into consideration as you talk with your select membership.
Please have your members submit company profiles via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, September 3, 2010. Profiles submitted after that date will not be accepted. Once a profile is accepted, the company will be notified directly with next steps by end of business day Friday, September 10, 2010. Suppliers and sub-contractors must be available to attend the SDBMF on Tuesday, September 21, 2010. No appointments will be scheduled outside of the event.