Hispanic Lifestyle spent the afternoon with Chef Jesus Castañeda as he prepared three new dishes that are part of Buca di Beppo‘s fall menu. The interview and cooking demonstration will be featured in an upcoming segment on Hispanic Lifestyle. Please Stay Tuned.
A Hispanic Lifestyle exclusive, a recipe for Tiramisu provide by Buca di Beppo
|Eggs, Large||6 each|
|Flour, All Purpose||1 cup|
|Instant Espresso||1 cup|
|Rum, Dark||2 tablespoons|
|Mascarpone Cheese Mixture|
|Mascarpone Cheese||1 pound|
|Powdered Sugar||3/4 cup|
|Rum, Dark||3 tablespoons|
|Coco Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate Biscotti, crumbled||1/3 cup|
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large cookie sheet pan lightly with butter.
- Sift the sugar and the flour, but keep them separate.
- Whip the sugar and the eggs together for 15 minutes on high speed with a mixer until they become fairly thick and frothy.
- Lower the speed on the mixer and gradually incorporate the flour into the eggs and sugar.
- Immediately spoon the batter onto the cookie tray, forming 3 circles approximately 6 inches in diameter. There may be some batter leftover.
- Bake in the oven until they become golden brown, approximately 10 –12 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and cool to room temperature (these are best done the day before).
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature.
Assembling the Tiramisu (do this the day before it is to be served)
- Make the instant espresso and cool completely.
- Add the rum to the espresso.
- Mix the Mascarpone with the powdered sugar and the rum until the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Use a round bowl 6-7” in diameter and 1 ½ to 2” deep.
- Check the size of the ladyfingers; trim them to fit in the bowl if needed.
- Soak a ladyfinger in the espresso marinade for 3 seconds and place it in the bowl.
- Top the ladyfinger by spreading about 1/3 of the mascarpone cheese mix over the top.
- Repeat 2 more times so there are 3 soaked ladyfingers with 3 layers of the mascarpone cheese. The last layer should be the cheese.
- Tightly wrap in plastic and store in the refrigerator overnight.
Serving the Tiramisu
- Leave the tiramisu in the refrigerator until it needs to be served.
- Unwrap the tiramisu and cover it with the coco powder and biscotti.