A big thank you to my wife Gabriela for preparing for us The BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup. This was a recipe she spotted on Facebook that her cousin shared. Isn’t that the way social media is supposed to work? I can confirm with only a few modifications to the recipe to fit our personal, Sandoval taste buds, and I will confirm this was The BEST “Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup” I had ever eaten. FYI, it was both easy and tasty. Also we need to give credit to the website lilluna.com for being the original recipe source.
The BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that is easy and delicious. Ingredients include chicken, avocados, tomatoes, corn, beans, green chilis, & lots of seasonings!
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 – 15 oz can corn
- 1½ – 15 oz cans diced tomatoes drained
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ cup onion chopped (optional)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
Topping as to your liking
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Corn tortillas for chip topping we cut and fried corn tortillas
- Avocados cubed
1. Cook and shred (or cube) chicken.
2. Add all the ingredients, except the cheese, corn tortilla strips and avocados to your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
3. Add cheese just before serving.
4. To make this soup extra delicious, add some crunchy tortilla strips. Slice up corn tortillas with a pizza cutter. Flash Fry in hot oil and sprinkle on top of your soup. Add cubed avocados too!