Hispanic Lifestyle is proud to present our 2013 Latinas of Influence. During Women’s History month (March 1 – 31) Hispanic Lifestyle will post daily on our website the professional biographies and video interviews of these Latinas of Influence. Additional postings of Inspiring Latinas who have appeared on our television program were featured during Women’s History month.
The Selection Process
During the months of December 2012 and part of January 2013, Hispanic Lifestyle reached out to our audience and requested nominations for Latinas of Influence. Four categories were outlined, business, community service, education and entertainment. From the responses we received, we choose 31 Latinas, one for each day of Women’s History month to be highlighted. These Latinas are singled out because of their professional accomplishments and community service. Several of the Latinas appearing on our list have previously appeared on our television program as a result of their personal and professional achievements.
I would like to congratulate our 2013 Latinas of Influence for your inspiration and commitment to making our communities better for all us.
Richard Sandoval President, Hispanic Lifestyle
Hispanic Lifestyle 2013 Latinas of Influence (sorted by first name)
- Ana Roca-Castro, CEO of Premier Transmedia
- Ana Vergara, President, Classic Glamour Dolls, Inc.
- Angelica Gutierrez, Ph.D. Postdoctoral Fellow Management and Organizations
- Cecilia Muñoz, Director of the Domestic Policy Council
- Connie Perez, CPA, Exec. Board member, California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce, California State Lottery Commissioner
- Constance Marie, Actress, Community Advocate
- Denise M. Zapata, Financial Planner
- Eden Espinosa, Singer, Actress
- Eva Longoria, Actress, Community Advocate
- Fanny Miller, President, El Latino San Diego
- Fanny Veliz, Filmmaker, Producer
- Gina Linn Espinoza, Founder/CEO Uplatino
- Guadalupe Aguirre Onechanh, Executive Board Member/Advisor for the California Unemployment Insurance Council
- Helen Iris Torres, Executive Director and CEO, HOPE
- Inez Gonzalez, Exec. VP., National Hispanic Media Coalition
- Lourdes Colon, Actress/Producer
- Lucia Tovar Mathews, CEO at DIÁLOGO
- Margarita Florez, KIPP Comienza Community Prep
- Mariachi Divas, Entertainers
- Martha de la Torre, El Clasificado
- Martha Preciado, MD
- Melinda Guzman, Attorney
- Monica Palacios, Entertainer, Educator
- Ofelia Valdez-Yeager, Retired, Community Advocate
- Olga Fernandez, Olga’s Underground Furniture
- Raquel A. Marquez, Superior Court Judge
- Raquel Cordova, Radio Personality
- Saskia Sorrosa VP, Marketing, National Basketball Association
- Sonia De Leon de Vega, founder and music director, the Santa Cecilia Orchestra
- Susan Trigueros, Regional Public Affairs Manager So California Gas Company
- Veronica Gutierrez, VP of Local Public Affairs for Southern California Edison
We plan to make this listing an annual event, so please start thinking about 2014 nominations.