Hispanic Lifestyle’s exclusive coverage of Three Kings Day, also known as Día de los Reyes Magos at Disneyland Resorts. The celebration of Three Kings Day at Disneyland Park takes place from Jan. 4-6, 2013.
- Disneyland Resort celebrates Three Kings Day, also known as Día de los Reyes Magos, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 4-6, 2013, with special décor, food and entertainment that showcases this Latin American holiday tradition.
- Three Kings Day, as it is celebrated in many Latin American countries, is part of the Christmas story. It commemorates the day the three kings (the magi or “wise men”) followed the star to Bethlehem and presented their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse will appear in “Fiesta” costumes along with other characters: The Three Caballeros, Donald Duck, Jose Carioca and Panchito.
- Bilingual activity hosts will join children in face-painting, coloring, crown decorating and other fun activities.
- Special food will be available for the occasion, including Three Kings Day treats such as Rosca de Reyes (Kings bread), tamales, buñuelos, chimichangas and hot chocolate.
- In addition to the Grammy-winning Mariachi Divas, entertainment highlights will include performances by a variety of local folklorico ballet troupes and musicians, including the award-winning youth Mariachi Tesoro de San Fernando on Friday.
Photos produced with the assistance of Calument Photographic