President/CEO and Editor of El Latino Newspaper, Fanny Miller is one of Hispanic Lifestyle’s 2013 Latinas of Influence.
Hispanic Lifestyle will be hosting a Latinas of Influence Reception on April 3, 2013 in Ontario, California. The public is invited to attend, but you need to make a reservation.Make your reservations today
Follow all of our 2013 Latinas of Influence on twitter with the tag #hltv2013
About our Latina of Influence – Fanny Miller
Ms.Miller is President/CEO and Editor of El Latino Newspaper, the No. 1 Hispanic newspaper in San Diego and the largest Hispanic owned Spanish-language newspaper in California.
El Latino-San Diego creates an unforgettable event for Latinas, a day to be pampered, informed and empowered at Celebrando, the largest Latina Conference in Spanish nationwide.
Ms. Miller founded El Latino in 1988 to serve the news and information needs of the San Diego Hispanic Community. El Latino has more than 186,000 weekly readers.
Under her leadership, El Latino expanded its editorial coverage and grew circulation through all of San Diego County. El Latino is a trusted brand that seeks to contribute to the success and well being of Hispanics in San Diego County.
Fanny Miller has been recognized numerous times by the community and nationally organizations for her achievement in Hispanic publishing and business.
Some of Fanny Miller’s recognitions include:
• Hispanic Marketing Lifetime Achievement Award-2012 San Diego AD Club.
• Community Champions Award 2012 – Molina Healthcare
• Community Education Advocate Award 2012 – CABE
• Community Advocate Award 2012 – Wells Fargo
• Top Print Media Professional by Portada Magazine – 2008 New York.
• The Superior Achievement Award 2007 by the National Association of Hispanic Publications -.
• Business Women of the Year by National Latina Business Women Association -NLBWA 2007 San Diego.
• Outstanding Small Business Award by the State of California 2006 -
• Outstanding Ethnic Media by the San Diego Business journal -
• Best Ethnic Newspaper by the San Diego Press Club
• People to Watch by San Diego Magazine
Fanny miller serves in The “Commission of the Status of Women” (CSW) for the County of San Diego
Fanny has three sons, Ruben 15, Gabriel 13 and Diego 8, and three daughters: Fatima 2, Esther 3 and Kassandra 5.
In 2012 Celebrando was inspired on the three girl’s mother, Maria Alejandra Salgado, who died at the age of 30, from pancreatic cancer leaving her 3 angels to Fanny.