Hispanic Lifestyle is pleased to support this community event. We are encouraging our readers to participate in this rare opportunity to ask questions and learn about the various opportunity that Southern California Edison has to offer. The event is free, but you must RSVP. Below are the details.
Cordially InvitesYou to Join Us at a Community Forum
Helping Our Communities Succeed”
Friday, August 27, 2010
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Hilton San Bernardino,
285 East Hospitality Lane,
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Free hotel parking and complimentary breakfast and lunch.
The Forum Objectives
- Provide information about Southern California Edison’s (SCE) programs and services available to community organizations, faith-based groups, small businesses, and residential customers.
- Create, renew, and strengthen strategic relationships between African American communities and SCE through networking and ongoing partnerships.
- Explore ways SCE can leverage opportunities to assist and better serve Latino communities and customers experiencing tough economic challenges.
LEARN MORE ABOUT:
• How nonprofits and faith-based organizations can earn money while helping clients
- Small Business Rebates
- Getting help paying SCE bills
- Discounted rate and economic assistance programs
- Saving energy and money
- How to apply for grants and sponsorships
- Business assistance programs
- SCE’s Supplier Diversity programs and contracting opportunities
- SCE Advanced Technology: Smart Meters, Plug-In Electric Vehicles
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Registration & Continental Breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. SCE Panel Discussions and Question & Answer Sessions
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch & Community Panel Discussion
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Networking Opportunities – SCE staff available to help customers apply for programs
RSVP DEADLINE: Wednesday, August 25, 2010. Please send your information to one of the following:
Southern California Edison Tami Swigart (909) 307-6729 or email: email@example.com
San Bernardino County Purchasing Diana Diaz (909) 386-8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latino Health Collaborative Francisco Espinoza (909) 887-0707 or email@example.com
Inland Empire Economic Partnership Mary Jane Sanchez-Fulton (530) 314-0502 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coachella Valley Housing Coalition Emmanuel Martinez (760) 347-3157 or email@example.com
Inland Empire Scholarship Fund, Latino Health Collaborative, Hispanic Employee Alliance (HEA), Radio Lazer, Coachella Valley Housing Coalition, Catholic Charities, Catholic Diocese of San Bernardino, Future Leaders, Home and Neighborly Services, Casa de San Bernardino, Pueblo Unido, California Partnership,The Community Foundation, El Sol Neighborhood Educational Center, Knotts Family and Parenting Institute, Sinfonia Mexicana, El Chicano, Hispanic Lifestyle, Esperanza Scholarship Foundation, United Way,TELACU, County of San Bernardino Public Health and Purchasing, San Bernardino Green Allliance, Libreria del Pueblo, Inland Empire Economic Partnership, CHARO Inland Empire MBEC, Hispanic Chambers of Commerce of Moreno Valley, Greater Corona, High Desert, Barstow, Greater Riverside, San Gorgonio Pass, and Inland Empire, Coachella Valley Mexican American Chamber, California Parents Organization, California Teachers Association, Latino Voter Registration Project, Mobilize the Immigrant Vote, Ex Braceros del Norte, Pomona Valley Latina and Latino Roundtable, Latino Network (La Net) of Riverside County, TODEC, Moreno Valley College, Crafton Hills College, CSU San Bernardino, UC Riverside, San Bernardino City Unified School District, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools, Office of Congressman Joe Baca, Office of Supervisor Josie Gonzales